INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL MEMBERS
If you are interested in our club:
- You can email us at email@example.com
- You can drop by to meet us at St Mary's Church Hall, Wisbech road, Westry, March. PE15 0GB. There is adequate parking behind the hall. We are there most Wednesday evenings 7-10pm. We welcome visitors and potential new members.
Frequently asked questions:
- Do I have to make an appointment to visit the club?
No, just drop by any time we are there. Best check with us beforehand in case of any rare change in schedule.
- Do I have to be a Club Member to visit?
No, we welcome anyone to drop by!
- What if I want to consider joining the club?
You can attend our club nights for free up to three times, then apply to join us if you like what you see. The members then vote whether they have any problem with the application, which is highly unlikely!
- Is there any age or gender restriction?
Minimum eighteen years of age and no gender restrictions.
- What does it cost to join the club?
Membership is currently (2022) £70 per annum, often paid as 6 monthly £35. This helps cover the cost of amenities (see below).
- Do I need to provide anything?
The hall is on the ground floor with tables and chairs, a disabled toilet, electricity, heating and kitchen facilities with free tea or coffee and biscuits. Bring your own mug!! Members are all unpaid volunteers who provide materials for their own modelling but the club has a budget for items used on the club's layouts and projects.
- Do I have to know all about trains to be a member?
Not at all! We are a mixed bag of like minded people with a wide range of different abilities and skills. Some of our members have worked for British Rail or have knowledge about steam, diesel, electric locos or trains in general, while others know almost nothing about trains but enjoy model making and learning first hand from others how to build a layout.
- Do I have to have a layout of my own?
Not at all. Members mostly work on layouts, rolling stock or scenery. Whether it's their own, belonging to the club or other members.
- Are there layouts in the club to work on or use?
Since we currently meet in St Mary's Church Hall which is used for many other events, we cannot leave any layouts set up. Any layouts to be worked on need to be brought in on the night by those who are looking after them at the time. Therefore, the layouts present will vary depending on who attends and which layouts need working on. We are planning for storage facilities in the near future which will ease the current restrictions.
- Anything else?
Yes, the club is excited to be constructing a multi-gauge test track comprising a large circular loop of four tracks; 'O', 2x '00' and 'N' gauge. All tracks will work with either old-school DC or modern DCC (no problem if you do not understand these terms, you will learn if you join us.) This will enable everyone to have an opportunity to test their own locomotives or rolling stock.
- Any other questions?
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.